CDSP was founded in 1893 to train clergy locally for the Episcopal Church in the West. Through much of its history, CDSP benefitted from its relationship with St. Margaret's House, a Berkeley-based institution that trained deaconesses and lay women for ministry in the Episcopal Church from 1909-66.
Eligible students are encouraged to consider employment as a source of financial support.
Two programs are available, Federal Work Study (FWS) and the Institutional Work Program (IWP). These programs allow students who are eligible for need-based aid to do part-time work, for which they are paid an hourly wage.
Located at 2400 Ridge Road, conveniently across the street from the CDSP campus, the Flora Lamson Hewlett Library of the Graduate Theological Union offers one of the most comprehensive theological resources in the world to students at CDSP and all GTU member seminaries.
Church Divinity School of the Pacific is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.