WU was founded on October 1, 1898 as k.u.k. Exportakademie to provide professional training to future businessmen and thus stimulate the Austro-Hungarian empire's economy. From humble beginnings as a professional school, it quickly grew to become an important institution, which was awarded the status of a fully-fledged Hochschule in 1919.
Through the education we offer our students, we make contributions to sustainable, future-oriented thinking, responsibility in business and economics, and the development of solutions to economic, social, and ecological problems.
WU’s roughly 2,100 employees are working continuously to further improve teaching and research quality and campus life in all relevant areas. Excellent, research-led teaching is extremely important to WU
On Campus WU 22,000 students and 2,100 faculty members, researchers and administrative staff find ideal conditions for learning, teachings, researching and working. Located near the city center and adjacent to one of Vienna’s largest parks, the new campus is an integral part of the district and combines urban life with the work at the university.
Campus WU also has a Sports Center: a large gym for indoor sports, an aerobics room, and a fitness center offer plentiful opportunities for athletic activities. There is also a basketball court located between the Executive Academy and Department Building 3. And then, of course, there’s all of Prater Park right next door for hiking, jogging, skating, cycling…
Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!