If you want to specialise yourself, improve your qualification and boost your work opportunities, but you cannot afford to put your life on hold, interrupt your job or be away from your family, then distance learning is the solution for you.
The advantages of British education and distance learning
British education is known around the world for its high quality and many people dream about graduating from a UK university. Nowadays, this dream is much easier to fulfil than you may think.
Distance education is the solution to the stringent need for education of those who cannot commit to classical student life, so let's have a look at 10 top Universities that could help you get ahead in your career. These Universities offer all types of programmes that might interest you, from Bachelor, Master and PhD. programmes, to Short Courses.
10 top UK institutions - all offering Distance education
- London School of Planning and Management - has over 9.000 students and 34 online Master's degrees. Although the majority are MBAs, LSPM also offers degrees in Law, Medicine, and Education, and all of them are available to apply to via our website.
- London School of International Business - or LSIB, for short, is a university focused solely on online programmes, with courses ranging from Tourism and Finance, to Entrepreneurship and Computing. This university also stands out for personalising the curriculum for specific companies, and is also one of the universities you can apply to directly through Studyportals.
- University of Portsmouth - this university, besides being located in one of the most affordable cities for students, is at the forefront of Sports Science and research projects in Physics and Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Moreover, you can apply now to this high-ranked university directly through our website, saving you a lot of time and hassle.
- The Open University UK - with over 170,000 students, top degree qualifications, this university attracts international students with flexible, high-quality online degrees and distance learning programmes. Plus, the university's research has placed it in the top 50 in the UK.
- University of Liverpool in a coop. with Laureate Online Education - One of the top eLearning institutions in the world according to Financial Times, the University of Liverpool in cooperation with Laureate Online Education offers 41 distance learning courses from a wide area of disciplines.
- School of Oriental and African Studies - The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) is a college of the University of London and the only Higher Education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and the Middle East. It offers 51 distance learning courses.
- The University of Manchester - The University of Manchester is one of Britain's most famous and forward-thinking universities, with a rich heritage stretching 180 years and an exciting agenda for the future. Today, research remains at the heart of the University and the quality, breadth and volume of research activity is unparalleled in the UK, with strong collaborative links with industry and public services.
- Nottingham Trent University - acknowledged in the UK for its teaching excellence by both The Guardian and The Times, Nottingham Trent University is recognised globally for its research credentials. With cutting-edge online postgraduate courses in business, international relations and construction, it is dedicated to successful student results. Last year, 95% of NTU’s postgraduate students secured employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- Imperial College London - Imperial College embodies and delivers world class scholarship, education and research in science, engineering and medicine, with particular regard to their application in industry, commerce and healthcare. They foster interdisciplinary working internally and collaborate widely externally.
- Edinburgh Napier University - Napier has a modular structure allowing visiting students to devise programmes tailored to their own needs. Modules (courses) in most undergraduate and graduate academic disciplines can be combined with one another. Participants are required to carry a normal workload of four modules per semester.
Whatever you might be searching for, one of these universities will offer it to you in a distance learning type of programme.